The Business Development Manager is responsible for lead generation, selling, on boarding and management of publisher and advertiser clients for the Vertical Growth Network. The ideal candidate is a tech-savvy, sales-oriented professional eager to learn quickly and grow in a friendly yet competitive environment to boost revenue and identify key areas of growth for the company and themselves. Must be adept at prospecting, negotiating, communicating and managing numerous accounts in a fast-paced environment.
- Research up-and-coming companies and industries that could benefit from a performance-based marketing partner
- Prospect through cold calling, social media, email and other methods to gather interest from these companies
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Monitor account activity, analyze performance, identify areas of improvement, and recommend ways to increase account-generated revenues
- Maintain high level of communication with accounts, recommend new opportunities for accounts and provide performance feedback to internal teams
- Gather and relay creative packages, links and reporting to various team members as needed
- Recruit new clients and business through research, referrals, networking and other avenues
- Set and manage monthly, quarterly and annual goals for revenue growth
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships
- Identify opportunities for campaigns and services that will lead to an increase in sales
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations
Characteristics of the ideal candidate
- Willing to take educated risks/gambles
- Rapid deal closer
- Exudes confidence and lacks fear
- Creates his or her own opportunities
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Google Docs
- Self-starter, quick learner, and works well within a team environment
- Strong recruitment and negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively manage and build client relationships
- Ability to be agile and succeed in, as well as enjoy, a fast-paced environment
- Maintains a healthy competitive spirit
- BS/BA degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Business or equilivant number of years experience in sales
- Familiarity with Affiliate or CPA marketing
Ready to Apply?
Please email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume.